10.1.12

random things that make me happy, jan 2012 edition...

Is January the month that depression kicks in? Sometimes we need to remember the things that make life worth living, at least until the sun begins to shine.  Okay, obviously my family, health, home, THOSE things are great. But here's a list of some other random things that make me happy:

1. SINGLE young costars in love.
laineygossip.com
How adorable are Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield? I'm not at all interested in the Spiderman reboot (further proof that Hollywood has run out of original ideas), but I love it when young costars get so into the Method that they actually start dating. It's like a fairy tale, no? At least until the inevitable press release that confirms they've broken up but remain friends and ask us to respect their privacy. Please notice I said SINGLE. If a star regularly dates or marries their costars, esp if said costar is attached, that ain't so adorable. Also, it's immoral. Yep, I'm looking you, Evil Goddess. Team Aniston forever.
2. Red jeans (see Emma's picture above).

3. Jcrew Majesty Peacoat in Maraschino Cherry.
jcrew.com
I know, I know.  This is the 3rd or 4th post about this coat. I was going to exchange it, couldn't, it sat in my office closet in a box for months.... and I decided to keep it. What was I thinking? The colour brightens my mood and makes me feel young. The fit is great (turns out I was size 2P for only about 2 days, I'm really 4P).  The weight is perfect for this mild winter.  I LOVE IT!
4. Black and white interiors.
elementsofstyleblog.com
I love black and white rooms so much, I took pictures of the powder room at the Jcrew Madison Ave Collection store, which is conveniently situated right beside the shoes. The store itself is stunning. I could live there. The store, not the powder room.

amazon.ca
5. Jane Eyre, 2011
I've seen countless adaptations of Charlotte Bronte's classic Jane Eyre, but never appreciated it. Until now. Mia Wasikowska and Michael Fassbender are the definitive Jane and Rochester. Mia is a revelation; I'm shocked that her performance is being overlooked at awards season. And Michael Fassbender? My goodness, talk about your manly man. He makes the Clooneys and Pitts of the world look like little girls. I might even watch an Xmen movie, he's that swoon-worthy. Michael Fassbender is going to be a HUGE star.

6. The Golden Globes, hosted by Ricky Gervais.
Golden Globe nominees for Best Lead Actor Drama - Clooney, Gosling, Fassbender (yay!), Leo. 
The Golden Globes mean nothing, but they like to nominate handsome leading men so they'll show up for the show. Hey, I'm not complaining. They like RG so much, they nominated him twice. And they recognized Fassbender, as well as Joseph Gordon-Levitt (who my niece is claiming as her future husband).
7. American Horror Story
Taissa Farmiga and Connie Britton in elle.com

Full disclosure: When I first watched episode 1 of American Horror Story in October, I  was so creeped out that I couldn't get past the credits. But boredom paired with having a house full of people changed my mind; I spent much of New Years Eve and New Years Day watching the whole series. It was a highlight of my holidays. It's enjoyable if you can get past the sex, murder, campy acting, more sex, more murder, tragic ending, and blatant ripoffs of every horror movie you've ever seen. It's a hot mess. Don't judge me, just watch and smile.

What are the random things make you happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...