15.2.12

joe fresh boatneck, inspired by jcrew and madewell again...


joefresh marine boatneck. $19USD, $24CAD. hmmm, what's up with the price difference, Joe?
joefresh.com
Striped boatneck tees are another staple of my everyday wardrobe. So when I passed by JoeFresh today, I had to check out their Marine Boatneck tee.  Hello, pretty! The photo doesn't do it justice. It's a creamy white with vibrant navy and reddish orange stripes. At $24CAD (or $19USD, ugh), I think it's a bargain.

I tried on all sizes (XS to L) and settled on the medium. The XS fit fine but I prefer my boatneck tees to be loose. To make it absolutely perfect for me, I'll have the bottom shortened by about an inch and half so it hits just above the hip, and the sleeves shortened about an inch to bracelet length.

The Joe Marine Boatneck is not lightweight--it's a tightly woven, thick and heavy knit tee. I was immediately reminded of the Jcrew St James nautical and Madewell La Mariniere tees which I've coveted for a couple of years, but didn't purchase because they were too expensive for my 'everyday' wardrobe.

jcrew saint james unisex nautical tee, $104 CAD
madewell dip dye boatneck tee, no longer available. priced around $80USD. garancedore.fr/en
Jcrew StJames boatneck modeled by GOOP herself, goop.com
I'll probably wear this for years, but in the spring I'll pair with skinny ankle jeans or very short chinos, flats, minimal jewelry, my hair in a bun. Tres simple!

Thanks, JoeFresh. Now, can you explain why this shirt is more expensive in Canada if you're a Canadian company?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...