14.2.12

new lulu tank: practice freely...

Practising Bikram yoga daily means a LOT of laundry, and I was frankly sick of seeing myself in the mirror in the same clothes. So I fell off the Frugal101 wagon. I justified these purchases by convincing myself that I'll need lots of clothes for teacher training. (That is, if I can still afford teacher training, after frivolously spending money on clothes. Life is a vicious circle.)

In addition to buying the NoLimits tank and matching hot shorts in camo (my GIJane outfit), I also purchased Lulu's new Practice Freely tank.

lululemon
Here's how lulu describes it:

why we made this

Our time on the mat is often spent trying to quiet our minds and steady our breath. This lightweight tank gives us the coverage we need and the freedom we crave so we can stop fidgeting, and practice stillness.

key features

  • the luon Sheer Jersey outer keeps you covered without weighing you down
  • the thin straps and racerback cut allow you to twist with ease
  • mesh panel thoughtfully placed in the bust lining where the girls come to touch
  • removable cups add shape and give coverage
  • chafe-resistant flat seams won't rub you the wrong way

I bought my usual size 6. The v or heart-shaped neckline is more flattering than the NoLimits' thin straps. That's the good news.

But, the overall quality of the Practice Freely ($58) is inferior to the NoLimits ($64). The luon Sheer Jersey tank stretches. By the end of class, the bottom had already stretched so much that the tank fell to below my hips. My top didn't look like a tank, it was more of a tunic.

And no, my hips haven't shrunk so much (I wish!!!) that I should've sized down. My new NoLimits size 6 fits me perfectly.

I can't recommend the Lulu Practice Freely tank. Save your money.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...