11.2.12

tragic...


I learned about Whitney Houston's death on twitter (where I hear everything). The news truly shocked me. We knew she'd been going through hard times, but really rooted for her and hoped she'd make that comeback.

She was such a beautiful, gifted woman. Watch her sing live on Letterman in 1985, when she was only 22. I love this song.



Here's Whitney a few years later, performing with Chaka Khan. She's lost some of her poise, and she's beginning to sweat her upper lip, which annoyed me at the time. She was probably even high during this live performance. But her voice was still great and she was GORGEOUS. This song is one of her best. Who wouldn't get up and dance to this?

 

It's beyond tragic. What a waste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you...